Friday, January 9, 2015

Mamma Mia! (2008)

IMDB: "Mamma Mia!"
This is one of my guilty pleasure movie. I've grown up with ABBA, so I felt like I sort of had to watch it when it came out. And just because of the music and the location where the movie is filmed (Skopelos and Skihatos) this is a movie I watch whenever its on. The movie isn't great and certainly not the acting, but it's ok for one of those days you don't want to use your brain.

























Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) is getting married and she wants to know who her father is. Problem is that it can be 1 of 3 guys: Bill (Stellan SkarsgÄrd), Sam (Pierce Brosnan) or Harry (Colin Firth). So you can easily say that Donna (Meryl Streep) is surprised and confused when she finds out that all of them are on "her island" where she runs her exotic (but broken) hotel.

Sophie tries to persuade Bill, Sam and Harry not to find her mother because it's sort of a secret that they're there.
And in 2014 I saw "Mamma Mia!" on Broadway in New York and I absolutely loved it!! 

* 6/10 *

No comments:

Post a Comment