Thursday, March 12, 2015

Focus (2015)

IMDB: "Focus"
I'm just happy Will Smith is back after being in "After Earth" which is one of the most terrible movies I've ever seen! And I'm certainly not complaining when Margot Robbie is on the big screen. That woman is breathtakingly beautiful and she can act! 

























Nicky (Will) is a brilliant con-artist and he meets this gorgeous woman, Jess (Margot) who turns out is trying to con him. When she finds out who he is, she desperately wants in on his "business" and a partnership is made. She is very good at what she does, but for some reason Nicky has to let her go.

After a couple of years, Nicky is "doing some business" and all off a sudden Jess shows up and throws him off his game. Will he be able to focus and get the job done? (See what I did there?)

Nicky teaching Jess how to become a perfect con-artist.

























I loved the first part of this movie. It reminded me of the "Oceans" movies because of the master brains who does these smooth thefts. The other half is also good, but not as good. The good thing about this movie is that you never know how it's going to end. And I really liked the chemistry between Will and Margot.

* 6/10 *
(And I know this is under the category "Comedy", but it's not like an "ha-ha"-comedy, so don't expect to laugh your butt off from this movie. I know the risks of thinking it's a plain comedy and getting something "dramatic" instead.. It can kill the movie entirely..)






You should also check out the episode of "The Graham Norton Show" where Will and Margot is on (also Hugh Jackman and David Beckham). It's an hilarious episode, so I put it on here so you can check it out if you want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment